ad-hoc, on-board very small user upload area

Posted 10 months ago by Wes Garland

Post a topic
Wes Garland
Wes Garland

It would be really convenient to store a few small files on Maestro and serve them up with its webserver .... like if you had a RESTful API for certain functions, that would be a pretty sweet way for folks at the gig to access them.

Obviously you don't want to make Maestro look like an arbitrary web-server.  So many limit the total upload area size?   1MB would be plenty for what I'm thinking about.  If it was more ... I could also store fixture manuals there.  Maybe point it at the mount point for an external USB volume?

Authentication that is the same as Maestro -- i.e. connected to the network -- would be good enough for this also.

If your back end is Node.js, this would work almost out of the box -- https://gitlab.com/Distributed-Compute-Protocol/dcp-rds -- and I would be happy to consult on integration. It will take a vanilla HTML form upload element and record it to disk along with the content type.  Then you can either use it to serve up the request, or just store the uploaded files where nginx/apache can find them.

Or maybe scp/rcp/rsync them over?

0 Votes

0 Comments

Login or Sign up to post a comment