Control Channels for Spots, Wash Moving Heads

Posted 7 months ago by Patrick Uhlig

Post a topic
P
Patrick Uhlig

1. Gobo & Prism Rotation need Steps/CUEs
  2. Rotation need Steps/CUEs
  3. Strobe & Shutter @ 1 Channel? (Some Fixtures have it at one Channel, maybe need CUEs)
  4. Double Colors (Moving Head Color Wheel) or Pixels want to Mixed Color
  5. Focus Channel for Moving Head (Connected to each of 1 or 2 Gobo Wheels, and Prism need to be too) Connection to each Gobo Wheel
  6. Focus Fine
  7. Frost Filter at Spot with Steps
  8. Iris at Spot with Steps
  9. Macro/Programm/Reset/Function Channel with Steps
  10. Shutter Channel
  11. Zoom Fine Channel
  12. Color Temperature Channel

4 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
T

Technical Support posted 3 months ago Admin

Stay tuned for Maestro software version 1.4! We're working on improvements to this.

0 Votes

P

Patrick Uhlig posted 3 months ago

It would probably be easier to build a kind of CUE that assigns the desired functions to each gobo. So far I have sorted it out so that in different groups (DasLight), e.g. Gobo Wheel 1, Gobo Wheel 2, Zoom, Focus, Gobo Rota. Prism, Prism Rotate etc. the settings are saved as a scene and a group which I have called CUEs. Then you select the necessary combinations, so that GOBO Wheel 1 is selected with Gobo 5, Rotation and Prism as well as the appropriate zoom/focus. In other words, one CUE selects all the settings for the finished product. You could then program all the gobos and save them as favorites. This way you can assign the appropriate gobos to each MAESTRO CUE and MAESTRO only has to assign them rhythmically. Perhaps you can choose here that a gobo is changed every 64 beats or something similar.

0 Votes

P

Patrick Uhlig posted 3 months ago

It would probably be easier to build a kind of CUE that assigns the desired functions to each gobo. So far I have sorted it out so that in different groups (DasLight), e.g. Gobo Wheel 1, Gobo Wheel 2, Zoom, Focus, Gobo Rota. Prism, Prism Rotate etc. the settings are saved as a scene and a group which I have called CUEs. Then you select the necessary combinations, so that GOBO Wheel 1 is selected with Gobo 5, Rotation and Prism as well as the appropriate zoom/focus. In other words, one CUE selects all the settings for the finished product. You could then program all the gobos and save them as favorites. This way you can assign the appropriate gobos to each MAESTRO CUE and MAESTRO only has to assign them rhythmically. Perhaps you can choose here that a gobo is changed every 64 beats or something similar.

0 Votes

b

bryan filling posted 4 months ago

i'd like to add to this one, great info so far but i have some shehds moving heads and i have dual gobo wheels and when both are listed as GOBO it mixes the two weirdly, so i have my fixed wheel set on open and only use rotating one but it doesn't rotate and operate the light as it should.  maybe a more advanced option to make a macro type cue list or way to add logic to set gobo 1 open to use gobo 2?

0 Votes

M

Mihai Constantinescu posted 6 months ago

Yes, the Moving heads options is not quite complete as it is

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment