Chauvet Intimidator 150 .. movement but no lights

Posted 10 months ago by Mike V

Post a topic
Un Solved
M
Mike V

So .. I also have a problem with the Chauvet Intimidator Spot LED 150.

I received the unit today, updated it and brought it into the lab with a selection of fixtures to test with:

Chauvet Intimidator Spot LED 150 moving head

Blizzard Flurry 5 moving head

Venue ThinPar 64

The Intiidator 150 moves quite a bit to the music, but the light will not come on. If you go in and set the Dimmer to a value of 4, it comes on and stays on .. white. If you set the Color (Colour) Wheel to 255 and Dimmer to 255, it goes nuts all the time and you can't get it to black out (makes sense, as you have it manually set to be on all the time). I have also tried other (Built In) Intimidator movers with similar channel assignments to see if one of those worked .. nothing yet.

I also have the Blizzard Flurry 5. In 8 channel mode, it barely responds. It moves alot, but very little light. In 13 channel mode, it's better .. but I think it could still be better. I was catching the drums (tapping Blinder) better than the unit was.

I have tested the Venue ThinPar 64 and while they come on, I'm not impressed by their action just yet, I have not tested any other fixtures at this point.

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
T

Technical Support posted 7 months ago Admin

Hi there!

My apologies, i sent you the profile for the "Chauvet DJ | Intimidator Spot 150", whereas I should have sent you the "Chauvet DJ | Intimidator Spot LED 150".

Here is the correct profile.

This one should work better :)

Gabby

0 Votes

M

Mike V posted 7 months ago

Gabby,

So the ThinPar and the Flurry5 have come alive and colors are corresponding with each other - they are acting much much better. The 150 on the other hand, is being difficult. On loading the provided profile, the heads were moving but no lights. I reviewed the profile and it was listed in the following order:

Basic Mode (8 Channel)  / Advanced Mode (13 Channel)

Basic Mode:

Pan

Tilt

Color Wheel

Gobo

Gobo Rotation

Shutter

Dimmer

Mode / Function

Advanced Mode:

Pan

Tilt

Pan Fine

Tilt Fine

Pan / Tilt Speed

Color Wheel

Gobo

Gobo Rotation

Shutter

Dimmer

Mode / Function

Effect

This unit comes in 6 or 11 Channel. I made 2 changes to the provided profiles.

Basic Mode:

Pan

Tilt

Color Wheel

Shutter

Dimmer

Gobo

Gobo Rotation

Mode / Function

Advanced Mode:

Pan

Tilt

Pan Fine

Tilt Fine

Pan / Tilt Speed

Color Wheel

Shutter

Dimmer

Gobo

Gobo Rotation

Mode / Function

Effect

The fixture does now come on and does match some of the colors, not all. It is moving alot better. The gobo's now actually run through (though they are constantly scrolling). At times, some of the colors do not match - which may be how it's supposed to be? I have attached a copy of my changes and also of the manual for this unit. Please let me know if you need anything from me.

Many Thanks,

Mike

0 Votes

T

Technical Support posted 8 months ago Admin

Hi Mike!

Apologies for the very delayed response!  Attached are some profiles to try, please make sure to update to version 1.1

You can upload these profiles by going to "Fixture Profiles" -> "Add" -> "Restore from backup".

Best

Gabby

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment