Blinder: Configurable options: Fade In/Out, Exclude Fixtures, Warm White

Posted 9 months ago by Daniel McGoldrick

Post a topic
D
Daniel McGoldrick

At the moment, when you hit blinder, its an instant blinder effect (which is OK), however when you release the button it goes off again instantly which doesn't look very nice. It would be nice to have the option to configure the blinder fade in and out timing. e.g.:

Fade In = 300ms

Fade Out = 2 seconds

Also I know Warm White is not currently supported, but it would be awesome to be able to configure a particular colour temperature for the blinder effect. I know Blinder specific fixtures mostly are warm white anyway, however if you don't have any Blinder specific fixtures with standard warm white bulbs in your setup, it would be good to be able to set a colour mix that gets as close as possible to warm white in those fixtures.

Another cool thing would be the ability to exclude specific fixtures from the Blinder effect, this would especially be useful when you want to blind from the rear of stage only. At the moment, all lights come on full which may not be the desired blinder effect.

2 Votes

1 Comments

V

Vlad Nicolae Geana posted 9 months ago

I think this would go with the ability to have control over each individual fixture groups Blinder, Blackout and Strobe controls. MIDI controls of Blinder, Blackout and Strobe per fixture group, as well as global Blinder, Blackout and Strobe, is a must.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment