Cue start

Posted 8 months ago by Isaiah Baker

Post a topic
Isaiah Baker
Isaiah Baker

After using maestro live for a few shows, only one thing is needed for MY usage. In each stage the ability to select whether the cues automatically start. I use an app that sends out midi control to everything on stage at the start of each song. When I press play on the backing tracks we have at least four clicks of timing intro per song that I would like to not have the lights moving and flashing yet. In between each song I start a cue that is just complete blue lights I would like to have the cue I want sent with all other information that goes out but be able to send a second midi command that actually starts the cue playing

0 Votes

12 Comments

Sorted by
Isaiah Baker

Isaiah Baker posted 8 months ago

Since some songs have longer click intros and some have shorter that probably won't work for me.. I just want to hit a pedal and the down beat starts the show.. I'll just have to try and figure out something else.. 

0 Votes

T

Technical Support posted 8 months ago Admin

Ok my last suggestion would be to make the transition time really long:  that way the shows would take a moment to fade in.  :) 

0 Votes

Isaiah Baker

Because there's only X amount of midi notes to use and we have 62 cues already and I haven't gotten to our whole song list yet. If I have to post a blue cue in between all of them I'll run out of notes. And I'll never fit all that on a screen to make sure the proper cue has been selected. We have 387 songs on our active list and I'm gonna be close to a full 120 cues to cover them all

0 Votes

T

Can you elaborate on why duplicating your blue cue and putting copies of that cue before your other cues is too involved?  I ask because i'd like to find a way to make this work for your use case, as it's unique enough that it likely doesn't affect many other users.  If this gets upvoted a bunch and I'm wrong we'll look at what it would take to implement.

0 Votes

Isaiah Baker

Correct they are all set infinite because that's what I want them to be. I just don't want them to automatically start

0 Votes

T

You can edit the cues and set them to whatever duration you would like! Midi will start the cue but it will honor the time you've set it to.

0 Votes

Isaiah Baker

All of my cues are infinite duration and all auto start when midi command is sent

0 Votes

T

You can set things to auto start by giving them a duration:  otherwise, set cues to "infinite duration" if you want them to never auto start.

Again, I'm still just trying to see if we have a way to solve your use case.  It's pretty easy to duplicate a cue and drag it, not too involved at all.  Worth a shot if it solves your issue

0 Votes

Isaiah Baker

Yeah having a blue cue in between each cue is just way to involved for live use. I guess I didn't see a purpose for a midi command for play if everything auto starts.. 

0 Votes

T

You would have to interleave the "rest" cues.  It's possible we aren't on the same page, what i'm suggesting is to duplicate your "blue" cue and put versions of it in between your other cues.  Then, go to the blue cue that is right before your desired cue, and then hit the "next" button to start the desired cue.

0 Votes

Isaiah Baker

I don't think so.. because say cue one is the blue, which it is, the song is using cue 11. So I'd have to hit next 10 times? Don't think that'd work in a live situation 

0 Votes

T

Hi Isaiah!  

Just as a mean of clarifying: Could you accomplish this by having a "blue" cue, followed by the cue for your song, and then first selecting the blue cue before your selected cue, then the midi command for "next"?

This might work, if not please explain.  Thanks

Gabby

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment