sACN

Posted 3 months ago by Graham Tomlinson

Post a topic
G
Graham Tomlinson

Hi, do you have any plans to output sACN or Artnet over ethernet as a fixture profile?

0 Votes

5 Comments

Sorted by
T

Technical Support posted about 1 month ago Admin

That sounds awesome!   Artnet development currently slated for Q1 2025 :)

- G

0 Votes

C

Christian Haubitz-Reinke posted about 1 month ago

ArtNet would help me a lot. I am really looking forward to the function as I intend to build my own LED sticks with ESP32. When these are connected to the router via WLAN, I want to test whether the protocol via WLAN is fast enough for maestro.

My "LibertySticks" had been designed with WLED until maestro appeared... so of course I had to reorient myself. The project is on hold until I find a way to bring DMX to my battery sticks via wirelessDMX (china) or, even better, ArtNet (WLAN). Basically, this already works with a software DMX controller. In order to operate as many sticks with as many LED groups as possible in parallel, I ideally need a separate DMX universe.  

0 Votes

T

Technical Support posted 2 months ago Admin

Ok so i... think?  that once we have artnet support, you could set your artnet universe to a specific IP address and that would solve your issue?

At this time we're planning artnet for early next year.

Hope this helps let me know :)

- Gabby

0 Votes

G

Graham Tomlinson posted 2 months ago

im currently having to convert DMX from the Maestro to control an Enttec Elm System via a Chauvet DMX-AN2 and although it works it fills my network with broadcast traffic as you cannot assign it to send to a single IP address. if it was a fixture in Maestro that you could give an IP address for that fixture then it could control individual or multiple sACN devices directly without filling the network with broadcast traffic.  screenshot to show Enttec elm sACN dmx profile channels.

hope this makes sense. if unsure im here..

0 Votes

T

Technical Support posted 2 months ago Admin

Hi!  Not sure about "as a fixture profile", could you elaborate?

We do intend to offer artnet with an update, with development (prone to change) planned for Q1 of next year.

Hope this helps!

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment