Enable Websocket Commands

Posted about 2 months ago by KC Patterson

Post a topic
K
KC Patterson

I would love to remotely control and automate Maestro DMX from external programs via Websocket commands.

My use case is that I stream DJ sets on Twitch and utilize different effects and actions that are triggered by viewers and by my streaming software (OBS) as well as an external program that can run commands (Aitum).

I am trying to get Maestro DMX to receive MIDI commands from Aitum as a workaround, but enabling direct Websocket commands from external programs (like Aitum, Stream Deck, and others) would make this much more straightforward.

Is this possible to implement?

1 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
T

Technical Support posted about 2 months ago Admin

You're very welcome :). Thank YOU for your support of our product!

OSC is rad! Definitely worth checking it out at some point, I recommend a tool called TouchOSC, it allows you to easily build out custom GUIS that send OSC messages in a way that is really intuitive. When we publish our OSC spec we're going to include corresponding touchOSC interfaces.

Cheers :)

0 Votes

K

KC Patterson posted about 2 months ago

While I'm not super knowledgeable on how to work with either the API or OSC, it looks like the program that I use (Aitum) does have a built-in integration for OSC. So maybe once it OSC spec is published I can see if it can work!

Thank you for the response!

0 Votes

T

Technical Support posted about 2 months ago Admin

Hi there KC!

At this time, we are not planning to receive commands via websockets.  We have a websocket but it's for pushing live states only.

Meastro has an extensive REST API, this is how we communicate between the webapp and the embedded software on the device.

We haven't yet published this spec yet because it's in flux, specifically version 1.4 is going to introduce quite a few changes to it.  Once the API becomes a bit more mature, we will publish the spec and provide support for this system.

We are also moving towards publishing an OSC spec.

Do you think either REST or OSC could suit your needs?
- Gabby

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment