"ON/OFF only" option in the "Dimmer" attribute

Posted about 2 months ago by Pascal Blareau

Post a topic
Pascal Blareau
Pascal Blareau

Hi,

It would be interesting to provide an "ON/OFF only" option in the "Dimmer" attribute because certain devices (Laser, Wizard, Derby, ...) give a bad result with a traditional dimmer. 

It's best when they are either ON or OFF. Currently, I use the "Prism" attribute with an "ON" step and an "OFF" stem to create this on the DMX intensity/dimmer channel but this is not ideal…

Thanks.

Pascal.

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
T

Technical Support posted about 1 month ago Admin

You're very welcome.  I've communicated this feature to the team and it wouldn't be too difficult to implement, so we are going to try and cue it up for a near-future release.  Thanks for your feedback!

0 Votes

Pascal Blareau

Pascal Blareau posted about 1 month ago

Hi Gaby,

Thanks for the reply.

This could be a solution but the laser doesn't have a color wheel and the wizard doesn't have black on the color wheel. It's a shutter.

The shutter, strobe and intensity and even the Auto/Music/DMX modes are on the same channel. 

So the only possibility I found is the 2 steps ON and OFF with the Prism attribute for this channel and, for the laser, on the intensity channel. 

It works but I hope it's temporary because it would be better with an ON/OFF only option on the dimmer attribute to take advantage of the strobe and blackout functions and the potential of the dimmer attribute. 

This option would allow you to enter an ON value and an OFF value and would only use 2 values...on or off! 

Thanks for bringing up the idea!

Pascal.

0 Votes

T

Technical Support posted about 1 month ago Admin

Hi pascal!

Thanks , this is a good suggestion also.

For now, if you make a color wheel with two steps: black and white.  This could work for you!

- Gabby

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment