Performance Screen

Posted about 1 month ago by Bradley E Dormanen

Post a topic
B
Bradley E Dormanen

User story; As a gigging musician, I would like a performance web page in Maestro that has a dynamic grid of squares. The squares are the cues, and when clicked, start the cue. The squares can accept pictures from me and have text on the bottom so I can easily see what cue I'm selecting. The squares respond to MIDI commands like Previous and Next to easily move from cue to cue from a floor midi controller. The current top bar with the toggles can stay as is. The benefit of this mode is that I can easily navigate my cues on a tablet while playing and instrument and singing. 

0 Votes

6 Comments

Sorted by
T

Tom Rindt posted 21 days ago

Bradley, I have multiple MIDI devices controlling the MaestroDMX via an iConnectivity MioXL.  The MioXL provides all sorts of options to route MIDI around between many connected devices.  Check that out - I think it would probably meet your needs of connecting a computer running TouchOSC and your Helix with Maestro.

0 Votes

T

Technical Support posted 22 days ago Admin

You will definitely be able to use OSC and MIDI at the same time after it's released.

I *think* (would have to try to confirm) that if you still plugged in only your Line 6 Helix, and then sent your other MIDI from touchOSC through the helix (like connect it to the MIDI in), then that should work.

0 Votes

B

Bradley E Dormanen posted 22 days ago

I use my Line 6 Helix to send basic MIDI. Am I able to also use TouchOSC at the same time?  The Helix is using a wireless midi to a USB dongle in Maestro. As I've noticed, Maestro doesn't like 2 MIDI adapters.

0 Votes

T

Technical Support posted 22 days ago Admin

On that note OSC support is coming in V1.4 !!!  I've been toiling away at it and it's almost done :)

- Gabby

0 Votes

T

Tom Rindt posted 23 days ago

Bradley, check out TouchOSC.  I implemented something similar to what you described and it works great!

0 Votes

T

Technical Support posted about 1 month ago Admin

Thanks Bradley!  We've talked about having a page like this, so it's good to hear it would be useful for you.

In the meantime, you could accomplish this with a midi controller: MIDI support is already built in and you can navigate to different cues as well as do things like "next" and "previous" over MIDI.  As long as it is the type of controller that allows you to configure the MIDI commands it sends.

I do hear that you'd like this to be a page on our interface as well though!  Thanks for this suggestion :). 

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment