Music won't turn lights on

Posted 10 months ago by Dale Wolters

Post a topic
Solved
D
Dale Wolters

I have added my fixtures to the stage.  I can turn the lights on manually from control panel. Each channel of the fixture reacts as expected manually.  I have my computer connected to the rca input of the maestro for testing to see if I can get this to work.  The pre-gain level is running in the green and the LED on the unit shows green.  There are no scenes happening.  What am i Missing?  Has anyone got their maestro to work?  

0 Votes

9 Comments

Sorted by
T

Technical Support posted 5 months ago Admin

Hi Chris!  I recommend attending our office hours, it will be easier there to help you solve your issue.

https://maestrodmx.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/153000072379-live-office-hour-schedule

0 Votes

C

Christian Meier posted 5 months ago

same Problem here 

It only works in the default Stage

0 Votes

M

Mike V posted 10 months ago

So .. I also have a problem with the Chauvet Intimidator Spot LED 150.

I received the unit today, updated it and brought it into the lab with a selection of fixtures to test with:

Chauvet Intimidator Spot LED 150 moving head

Blizzard Flurry 5 moving head

Venue ThinPar 64

The Intiidator 150 moves quite a bit to the music, but the light will not come on. If you go in and set the Dimmer to a value of 4, it comes on and stays on .. white. If you set the Color (Colour) Wheel to 255 and Dimmer to 255, it goes nuts all the time and you can't get it to black out (makes sense, as you have it manually set to be on all the time). I have also tried other (Built In) Intimidator movers with similar channel assignments to see if one of those worked .. nothing yet.

I also have the Blizzard Flurry 5. In 8 channel mode, it barely responds. It moves alot, but very little light. In 13 channel mode, it's better .. but I think it could still be better. I was catching the drums (tapping Blinder) better than the unit was.

I have tested the Venue ThinPar 64 and while they come on, I'm not impressed by their action just yet, I have not tested any other fixtures at this point.

0 Votes

D

Dale Wolters posted 10 months ago

Thank you. I will reach out to support. I appreciate the response.  

0 Votes

D

Thank you. I will reach out to support. I appreciate the response.  

0 Votes

G

Gabby Odowichuk posted 10 months ago Admin

Hi Dale!  We are hosting office hours regularly and can help you get things sorted with live support!   This is also helpful for us since it's first release, helps us see where you're getting stuck so we can improve the system.

Hours are here:

https://maestrodmx.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/153000072379-live-office-hours-november-13-24-2024

Otherwise, feel free to post your stage and we can have a look.

0 Votes

D

I had created a new stage and added fixtures to that stage. Nothing. I decided to add fixtures to the default stage and boom. Music would engage the lights however. I’m can’t get my movers to work. I had to create a fixture profile for Chauvert intimidator spot 155 and they will not work. Any ideas on that?

0 Votes

Wes Garland

Wes Garland posted 10 months ago

I had no issues getting mine to work.  I don't have the UI to look at right now, but you need to poke around in Show Control I think?  There's two ways you can go, "Live" and something else... the something else has like play, stop, etc, buttons like on a tape recorder.  The live one reacts to music, the other one just goes if you hit the play button.  If you have your stage and show set up properly you should be able to get it running.  If not, Gabrielle from Limbic is doing regular office hours, you should see if she can walk you through it. Maestro is awesome.

0 Votes

D

I figured out the issue.  i had created another stage in addition to the default stage.  When I created fixtures in the default stage the lights react to the music.  So that is solved.  Not sure why after you load the stage you create lights do not respond.  Maybe a bug unless I did something wrong.  I am not having much luck with my movers at this point.  I had to create a custom profile for chauvet initmidator spot 155 and it doesn't seem to wanna work.  Not sure.  I will keep messing around and post any updates.

1 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment