Issues with moving head offsets.

Posted 9 months ago by Vlad Nicolae Geana

Post a topic
Un Solved
V
Vlad Nicolae Geana

If I try to point two moving heads that live on the left and right side of the stage to the middle, I can do that using the offsets, but once the show starts, they don't move in a mirrored way. One moving head is slightly offset. Moving it manually to point to where it needs to point to fixes the problem, but essentially, the way the offsets work in the control mode, do not correspond with how the moving heads move during playback. I can record a video of this for you to see what I mean, but this may be a problem if someone thinks that the moving heads are mirrored during manual control, and then are off center during playback.

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
J

Joseph Hayhoe posted 9 months ago Admin

Hello Vlad,

The repeat fixture channels feature in Maestro is best used on large numbers of simple pixel based fixtures like par's, led strips/strings or led bars that intend to be laid out in a consecutive fashion from left to right or in a repeating order in a 2d grid fashion. You are correct that if you use that feature Maestro only will display 1 fixture on the layout tab and you are unable to re-order the other fixtures that were added consecutively. That being said it is suggested to add each fixture individually in order to allow for those fixtures to be moved around in the layout tab of the interface when using multiple fixtures that at times can be placed in different layouts.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

0 Votes

V

Vlad Nicolae Geana posted 9 months ago

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your reply. That answer is fine, however, what if you patch 2 moving heads together.....so for example...if you add a new fixture and put the number of those fixtures as 2. With that kind of setup, you do not get two separate fixtures that you can move around in your layout. Am I wrong here? 

In my case, I have only two moving heads, but if you happen to have multiple fixtures, and you add them not one by one in the Patcher, you won't be able to set them up in your layout correctly, as you cannot individually set them up.

If you have 4 fixtures of 2 different types, which are one after another, how could you them lay them out correctly within the layout tab? It's not possible unless you enter them all individually. Which for me is fine, but you have to consider that that may pose some problems. 

Thanks.

0 Votes

J

Joseph Hayhoe posted 9 months ago Admin

Hello Vlad,

Moving heads will be paired by MaestroDMX based on how they are placed in your stage layout. I would double check the Stage > Layout tab in MaestroDMX and ensure your moving heads are placed in the same layout along with all other light fixtures as they are for your setup. The layout in a 1d array is arranged from left to right physically on your stage starting from the top most fixture on the layout tab.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment