help with fixture troubleshooting please

Posted 9 months ago by Brian Whittington

Post a topic
Un Answered
B
Brian Whittington

Hi, I was inspired to purchase a unit after an email from Justin about the custom lights in your promo vid.  I had some custom LED neon fixtures designed as the backdrop for a new theater show premiering in a couple weeks.  (Completely different style that your wonderful custom lights, by the way--mine are just neon designs).  

My use is to trigger 8 channels of lights on/off in sync with musical cues during transitions throughout the sh I have the Maestro connected to a Chauvet DMX-4 dimmer pack to test, but . . . I'm already lost.

I can dim each channel manually changing the fixture settings in the Maestro software, so it seems the addresses are configured correctly and I can see the audio source playing, but I cannot get any automated change to the lights from the stage/patcher/layout or show and live control pages.  I'm am new to dmx and assume there is something fundamental I am missing.  

How should I configure my fixture profiles in the maestro software for an on/off dimmer pack?  All of the color profiles that I see are not applicable to my use, so I wondered if I should be making a different selection in fixtures for dimmer pack use.

Any help would be massively appreciated. 

Thanks,

Brian

0 Votes

1 Comments

T

Technical Support posted 9 months ago Admin

Hi Brian,

You can use the "dimmer" channel type to control dimmers, create a profile and set all four DMX channels to "DIMMER", then add a fixture to your stage and make sure the starting address is the same.

Again apologies for the late reply,  and Happy New Year!

Gabby

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment